Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Aidan's Birthday


Aidan's birthday is just over two weeks away, and with a number of other commitments the birthday brew has not been completed.
So this Saturday is brewday for Aidan's Irish Red.

I've been messing around with Beer Tools Pro to import my Promash recipe file. Because Promash splits the brew into the recipe and the brew session, I had to do a couple of things in Beer Tools Pro to make the analysis accurately reflect the brew. I had to;
  • Increase the Final volume to the kettle volume
  • Select Lock
  • Increase the Kettle volume to be the pre-boil volume
In order to also have this on tap in time I'm going to use a 0.5micron carbonation stone to carbonate the keg. Without having to shake the shit out of the keg to get it to uptake the CO2 let alone lifting the keg in and out of the serving freezer, this means I'll have it carbonated in less than a day ready for his birthday for all the family.

A well and truely tested brew, this one never dissappoints.

No comments: